It’s okay to love CHOCOLATE! For those of of us who love this tasty treat, it’s great to know the health benefits of chocolate.
Once just a sweet treat to enjoy on the holidays or a lover’s gift to win her heart, chocolate is now one of the must haves to win the war on aging. It is a superfood choked full of powerful nutrients.
The Health Benefits of Chocolate
The cocoa bean contains:
- Vitamins B1 & B2, which are crucial to power the body’s fuel
- ATP for cell functioning and regeneration.
- Vitamin B3, which is helpful in the treatment of acne
- Vitamins C & E antioxidants, which contribute to the production of collagen and fights free radicals, control inflammation and repair UV damaged skin.
- Minerals like Calcium, Iron, Phosphorous, Zinc, Manganese, and Copper, which promote healthy skin and stimulate collagen synthesis.
- Copper is a necessary component of Superoxide Dismutase, a super antioxidant for the skin which aids in healing and collagen production.
- Zinc, which aids in sebum regulation and aids in wound healing.
- Magnesium, which combats acne and contributes to the reduction of wrinkles and, along with Iron, is necessary to produce the cells energy source, ATP.
- Flavonoids are phytonutrients, which affect the color and bitterness of plants and prevent oxidative damage. The darker the chocolate the more antioxidants it contains.
- Catechins, also found in green tea, have anti-cancer properties and prevent cell degeneration.
WOW, that’s why I have dark chocolate with my green tea every night!!! Now that you know the great health benefits of chocolate, you’ll enjoy it even more!
About Hello Gorgeous Salon and Spa
Hello Gorgeous Salon and Spa is dedicated to making clients be the best they can be, which is gorgeous. We address all aspects of health and beauty. Our skincare products are food for your skin and our makeup reveals skin’s natural radiance. God provides the ingredients and we simply mix them together for you. We also provide fabulous haircuts and spa services that accentuate your beauty.